The Society of Apothecaries is no.58, and the largest, of the livery companies of the City of London. In addition to its traditional civic, ceremonial, social and charitable activities, the Society has been licensing doctors to practise Medicine since 1815. It continues to do so as a member of the United Examining Board, and also offers 11 postgraduate medical diplomas.
The Apothecaries acquired their Hall in Blackfriars in 1632. The current Hall of the Apothecaries’ Society is the oldest extant livery company Hall in the City, with the first-floor structure and arrangement of the Great Hall, Court Room and Parlour remaining as re-built between 1668 and 1670.
For full details click here to visit the Apothecaries’ Society website